Thank you for joining us at Happy Voices for the most comprehensive online singing course available online.
Your decision to start learning to use your voice properly has put you ahead of the vast majority of others.
The fact that you have decided to learn from us gives us great joy; we believe that anyone who wants to, can learn to sing and achieve their singing dreams.
How this course came into being
Knowing that there were so many people out there that wanted to learn to sing, but lacked the knowledge about the how to use their voice fully, we began offering Private Singing Lessons in Glasgow. And, the response we had back was overwhelming.
Through the combination of our passion, techniques and the student’s willpower, we have had singers achieve huge milestones ranging from confident first open mic performances right through to landing career gigs on cruise ships and at well established Scottish theatres.
Like I said before, we believe that anyone who wants to can learn to sing and achieve their singing dreams.
At Happy Voices, we exist to facilitate your realisation of those dreams. We’ve done all the hard work in creating a structured course that, if you perceiver, you will get there.
All you need to do is join us and believe that you too can make your dreams come true.
The course itself is designed to be followed in chronological order, starting with areas which are core to learning to singing before moving on to things that are more specific.
However, if you want to jump right into a specific area, please do feel free – we have published the full course index below:
Core Singing Skills
Relaxation + Mental State
- Find Your Why
- Mental Preparation before Singing
- Why you need to learn to breathe properly when singing
- Depth of breath (lung capacity)
- Efficient use out breath
- Consistency of breath
- Different Types of Breathe (Snatch / Tank / Normal)
engaging your core
- Diamond of support – what is it?
- Diaphragm – coughing / phitt exercise
- Lats – oranges in the armpits
- Pelvic floor – squats
- Further exercises – plank (all 4)
- yoga band – all 4 (coming soon)
- Hints / Tips – Visualising throwing your sound against the wall
Your learning type
- Why it is important? – lyrics, how you approach exercises, best results quicker (efficiency), working with others
- Visual learning type
- Kinaesthetic learning type
- Aural learning type
- Mix + Other learning types
Terminology + Anatomy
- What are all the complex terms?
- Vocal Anatomy (Basic Guide)
- Voice Types – SATB
- Vocal Health
- Medicinal Products + supplements
- Vocal Problems – Allergies / Pain / Long term problems
Warm up exercises
- How often?
- Vocal Fry
- Lip trill
- Aural / Pitching
- Italian Vowel Sounds
- Brain Teasers
- Effort Levels Perceived vs. Reality
- Singing Smoothly
- Onsets and offsets
- Singing over a break
- Singing with power
- Improving range
- Vocal Dynamism (loud / soft)
- Where to breath
- Eradicating breathiness
- Vocal Creativity + Freedom
- Personal Repertoire – what songs are right for you?
- Importance of Lyric
- Dramatic intention
- Mic technique
Music Theory in Singing
- Sight Singing
- Pitch Training (relative)
- Andrea Bocelli (opera)
- Elton John (pop)
- Eva Cassidy (Folk / pop / Country / Gospel)
- Janice Joplin (Rock)